Skip to main content

LIFE WITH A FAST TODDLER - HOW IT STARTED!

Het leven met een snelle peuter - hoe het begon!
February 2013 we were completely unexpected that I was pregnant. We were sad, but later the fate struck. A candid Melanie blog: The life with a fast toddler - how it started!

Life with a fast toddler - how it started!

I was in the last two phases of my HBO study, we lived in a one bedroom apartment and were not busy with children at all. We had done everything, first finish my school after finding a job, moving, marrying and we would like to have children. This all ran a "tikkie" otherwise. I soon realized that I wanted to keep it, our relationship was very stable, we had a house and it was all possible. My friend found it all harder. Fortunately, we kept talking, that was really very important. After a week we decided to keep it.

The birth

After a terrible pregnancy with super fast delivery, our daughter was born exactly in November on the date of expiry. All stools disappeared as snow for the sun. Within a week it was like I was never giving birth. Our daughter had to undergo some additional investigations but soon we could enjoy it. My friend had 3 weeks free, delicious! I picked up school after a while and everything went well. In February, we went on vacation as a family, my parents and my brother. There the fate struck and my friend went home two days before we went home again. And then you only have a baby of three months.
Not looking at the sorrow and the rules. Not to the financial hassle, the compulsory move and completion of my study, but purely to the education, I can tell that I had not thought this would be so difficult. I got into the stress of every cry, beep, spot or broom (and our daughter had some of the first few years!). I was only able to discuss this with your partner. Of course I got help from my fantastic (clean) parents and family, but that's not the same as your partner and your child's father. In my life, I have doubled as much as the first two years of her life.

Fast lady

After the second year it became all the easier, she spoke well and could finally tell if she was in trouble, what a relief! She spoke well very well! In addition, her development made quite a leap. From now on she suddenly went to puzzle and then not 4 pieces but equal 12 or 16. She spoke with 5 word sentences and could make it clear. Everything that told your hair sucked them like a kind of giant sponge. She was interested in learning the colors, counting and words.
When someone told you something, she just looked at your mouth as if she wanted to pull the words out. In addition, she also learned the teacher at the right time. Until that time, there were no alarm bubbles, she was just a little faster. Only when she went to the playroom stopped talking, eating and drinking I thought this is wrong.
Each time I had to shout her and cry. After four months I was completely seated. The playground should also be fun, must be long enough. We already walked with a child psychologist because of her father's death and I then asked for help. We could not really think of anything, did not think they would have a backlog or something would be wrong. To ensure all this, she has taken an intelligence survey with our daughter. This was fine, our daughter had fun and did not really want to stop. That same afternoon, I received an email that she did so well. It was also said that she scored very far above average.

Kindergarten

With the results of this research I went to the playroom. Together with the leaders we looked at what could be done for her, but nothing really came about. The playroom did not want to take this research, she worked only with CITO. With my back against the wall I agreed to a CITO research but actually I was already done. The CITO scored them on average and this was a confirmation for the playroom that she still had enough to learn from them. That same afternoon I let me keep her home. Meanwhile she was almost three and had a place in the nursery. The socio-emotional development is also very important. On the daytime it went better with the week and almost our old girl returned.
But there you are, as a mother alone, with a three-year-old who is still at the beginning of her education career. The ball started to roll and it would get even more complicated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First orchard of Haba: tested!

I'm from a family of real gaming fans.  And then I do not mean 'games', but the  old school  companions  games  .  Cozy but fanatic with all around the board.  And now that I am a mother of a toddler and a toddler, I have discovered that there are also a lot of fun games for that age.  For example, we learned a little while ago about Haba's First Orchard.  A game by which my boys are now also infected with the game virus. Win together or lose together Eerste Boomgaard is the perfect game to announce your children with games.  The rules of the game are easy to understand and for a two-year-old child.  What I like so much is that you do not play against each other but with all of them.  There are four stuffed fruit trees to be picked empty before the raven reaches the orchard.  The fruit can be picked by throwing a dice.  Throw green, then you put an apple into the basket, with blue a plum and so on.  But if y...

Toys for 1 year child: our top 10!

Who  wants to buy  toys  online for a  1 year child   will soon find that there is really a lot of choice.  Every year there are masses of new stuff for these young play birds.  At Kiki we also have a lot of toys for this age.  That means that you always find something to your wishes, but it does not make it easier to choose.  That's why we would like to introduce you to our  top 10 toys for 1 year olds  .  A list of our favorites, maybe there is something that you also find amazing! 1. Küllerbu knikerbaan Toverspiegel This  wooden Küllerbu knocker track from Haba   has big balls, so it's  completely safe  for the very youngest.  For a child of 1 year the ball is rolling over the track a great experience, again and again. Wooden knicker job for children from 1 year 2. Dragon animal There are many different  fun (wooden) animals  , most of which are built in such a way that y...

Let's Play Out!

It has been a trend for some years, but children are less likely to play outside.  That's not a good news because playing outside is not only healthy and educational but also fun.  Let's all play together together! How often do children play outside?  And how does that happen? If we can believe British research (read well: British, which does not apply to Flanders and the Netherlands)  , children are on average less than prisoners.  For example, 26% of children in question would play out for less than half an hour a week.  That's really little.  This trend would be explained by various causes.  On the one hand, it appears that parents are more cautious and see more dangers in outdoor games, on the other hand, electronic toys such as tablets are an attractive alternative for children to simply stay in.  Some researchers also say that more school work leads to less outdoor games.  A lack of safe playgrounds or a quiet street does not ...