
When I was not a parent, I found it sad for the children who are in the summer holiday. Never celebrate their birthday in the classroom on their birthday ... Until I got children myself. My two daughters have been born in the summer holiday ... Help, my child is in the summer holiday ...
Happy at school
I still remember how fun it was to be a school at school. A few weeks before, the pretense began to figure out and make a treat. On the day yourself with beautiful new 'birthday clothes' and the treat to school and treat to the class and all the jokes and masters. I felt completely old this way (and as a teacher I still have this a bit ;-)).
Often, the last and first weeks of the school year are busy with schooling. All students who are in the summer holiday are treated as in class. Giant cozy and nowadays it is customary for me to ask the children and parents a few weeks before everybody celebrates his birthday. In this way, the treats can be spread a little over the days.
Child plans?
As an ignorant, I sometimes thought that the parents might not have planned it so well, but now I have known better for about 8 years. I'm the mother of two very beautiful and healthy daughters and had a miscarriage three times. Get a baby you can not plan, luckily too!
Happy on holiday
In July our big lady has become seven years old and the youngest is three years old. Prior to booking our summer vacation (which of course we have to take into account the school holidays and the work of manly), we ask our girls (currently the oldest ones) whether they want to be on holiday on the birthday or at home. Our oldest daughter has built up good memories of her birthdays during the holiday and also chose to be on holiday on her birthday.
Party
On this day we always like to have a party for our girls. It is therefore the day of the year. In the early morning, we will wake up the year-old (sorry for the neighbors at the campsite), we eat a delicious sandwich and get presents. The gift I have usually bought in the Netherlands. Grandpa and Grandma often also give a ticket and often call the other Grandpa and Grandma so that the year-old feels completely old. We also take care of slingers (with the age) around the tent and are baked. At the campsite people walking along the slopes see the congregation congratulations, and this was definitely the pleasure of our daughters. The girls even got a gift from their camping friends!
Then the year old can choose what we will do that day. In advance, we make sure that the year-old has about three choices of activities and we find out how far the drive is, where to park etc. This year the youngest chose to go to a zoo and wanted the oldest to go to a perfume museum. Also, both girls can choose what they wanted to eat that evening. Our girls are really looking forward to being on holiday and do not really want anything else ......
And celebrate the birthday at home with friends and family, treat and give a children's party, we just do when the school year starts again so everyone is back home.
Do you also have a child who is in the summer vacation and how do you celebrate this?
Comments
Post a Comment